Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Suki's lacking make up collection and storage


I have never really been into make up. Let me just make that clear. I have never had the need to wear foundation, concealer, and all the rest of your standard base make up. This is not me boasting but more or less saying that is how little I care for the art of make up. I stick to things like eye shadows and lipsticks, the bare basics and more or less if you use canvas and paints as an analogy, I use only the paints without the canvas. Which does not make sense actually considering my face is the canvas but hopefully you get what I mean.


So my make up collection is small and does not consist of much. I do not think going through what I own in detail is necessary, in the end does anyone truly care? This is just how I store everything I own and by no means is it complicated. I started off with just the colorful box and only recently purchased the black box.

The picture at the start of my post was not how it ended up being stored (while I was in that room). Instead, it ended up looking like this (with mirror in between and brushes put in a less precarious place):


The reason why I chose to store everything in boxes was because it seems more convenient than drawers. You can see everything, it is easy to carry around (if you move a lot as I do) and just seems neater as you can fit them nicely anywhere without having to sacrifice.


Basically, most of what I own is in this black box: nail polishes, eyeliners, mascaras, palettes, blushes, lipsticks, lip glosses and some miscellaneous items like nail files, nail cutters, etc.


In the colorful box is pretty much "junk" items, things I do not use much or want to see in my black box. I cover them all up with make up bags. The black box came with a lid and instead of using that to cover the box or put it under the box I thought it would be perfect to hold all of my Indie brands. I lined it with some tissue paper I got from a Darling Girl order and it became the ideal storage place for these messy loose shadows and pigments.


Since I went through a period of no blogging, all the above photos were from when I was in my temporary room at college. Now that I have moved into my permanent room things have changed around...not very much so but you can see the differences in my make up area for yourself. This is a whole corner of my desk and now my perfumes and accessories also take up residence with my boxes.


So there you have it. My little collection! I am happy with it and do not desire more at all, as it is I am considering not buying any more products for the next few months unless they benefit me daily.