Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BYS Review: Naked Rose lipstick


Looking for a daily wear lipstick, when I found Naked Rose on Fashion Addict I thought I would try it out. Now this is what I expected, and this is the image of Naked Rose that they have on their site:



As you can see, it appears to be a nice pink shade.


So apparently I most definitely got Naked Rose...


But this is what color I got, more of a naked desert if you ask me. A little disgruntled, I swatched it...


...and actually fell in love and forgot all about huffing over getting a color that hardly matches up to the one advertised on the site. In fact, I am actually glad I got this color instead!

The formula is smooth and applies nicely even without a balm. It is a lovely matte color but does not look drying, instead it is slightly moisturizing. It evens out into a nice finish, looking painted on even if you apply it straight from the tube. I use this daily and although it is a bit dark on me I think now that I have tanned quite a bit it looks more like a dark nude color than an outrageous brown.




With me, I am never sure if I fit into the pink nude category or browns, being half Japanese and half Sri Lankan confuses you like that: you fit into both categories. So at the moment, being pretty tanned I am working with more browns.

Despite getting a wrong color from the looks of it, I still love Naked Rose or whatever the heck it truly is. And I am impressed with the BYS lipsticks and definitely reckon I will purchase more colors. Cheap at AUD$3.95 it is a good throw in for any make up bag. I initially thought the con would be how the lipstick protrudes out and when opening or closing I would nick it but thus far I have not so maybe it is not a problem after all.