Friday, February 25, 2011

Leap of Faith

For this card, I'm using the adorable Leap of Faith set available at Deedee's Digis.  I also used one of the three sentiments that is included with the bear image.  I love how this little bear is praying as she floats in the sky. I used sketch SC309 from Splitcoast Stampers for my card.




I colored my bear and the cloud with Prismacolor pencils.  Then I sponged the sky with ink.  After cutting out my sentiment with a petite oval Nestabilties, I sponged it with the same ink before removing the die.



If you look closely in this second picture, you can see where I paper pierced the edges of the two background panels. I use a piece of plastic canvas as a template for my piercing.  I have one piece (I split a large canvas with my daughter-in-law) I use for squares & rectangles and a round one for circles.  I know there are templates made for this purpose but each piece of plastic canvas was $1 or less.  This left more funds for other things....like stamps!  :)



Supplies:
Card base:  Strathmore Bristol
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific & Recollections
Patterned paper - Basic Grey (Kioshi)
Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
Spellbinders Nestabilities (Petite Oval & Petite Scalloped Oval)
Ink - SU (Blue Bliss)
Sketch - SC309


Thanks for stopping by & I hope you have a good weekend!!