Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines Day, but don't be so giddy today

(Photo from HERE)

What is it about Valentines Day that has everyone excited or depressed? I personally do not want to celebrate this day, sure it is a nice day to spend with girlfriends and then your loved one but throughout the years I have steadily had to deal with more bitter girlfriends as they either moan about their boyfriends not doing anything special for them or cry over how they have no one special in their lives. Currently the friends I have are so anti-Valentines Day that they do not even want to do something just as a group of friends! This is why I have become bitter about it: why has this day made so many people have such negative feelings?

No one should be pressured into doing something special today, it is just a silly day and should be taken that way. It is not a couples anniversary, so why are girlfriends abusing their boyfriends for forgetting Valentines Day? It is not a day that singles should be crying over, they should be out there just loving and appreciating family or their best friend knowing that someone special will come along eventually.

I personally have ruled out celebrating it with Scott: I want to be able to bake him heart shaped cookies any day of the year and spoil him to show how much I love him without needing to do it on February 14th. Most of all, I do not want our relationship to be judged based on what he does for me on the day or what I do for him.

Enough ranting. I wish you all a Happy Valentines Day but do not take it so seriously! The V-Days where I have been single I always exchanged gifts with my parents and to this day they still are my Valentines.