Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BYS Review: Animal Instincts palette


Animals? Check. Purples? Check. Affordable? Check. What more can I say? The BYS Animals Instincts palette in purples had me ga-ga. I first saw this palette on Yumeko's blog and have kept it in mind whenever I encountered BYS products and I was in luck and found this beauty on Fashion Addict!


The BYS shadows I have encountered (the Metallics in brown palette and the Diamond Shadow palette) have been good thus far so I was bit nervous when getting this as it was not one of the 8-shadow palettes and apart from Yumeko's praise I had no idea how great the shadows would actually turn out to be.


And then I did a very light swatch and this is the result. Unfortunately I took these photos at night (I know, silly me) so you cannot see how they differ. They do not differ by much but there is a subtle difference in all of the lighter shades that does not have me grumbling too much.

Plus, I did a very, very, very light swatch of these because...


I realized after swatching that the animal print got ruined! And trust me...these swatches are all I have done with this palette. I am too sad over how I have ruined them and have not even looked at this palette since the day I swatched it. I know, I am hopeless but I suppose I feel in a way I killed an animal?

Is that a bit extreme? Maybe that is a bit extreme...