Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Buzzin' by with an OBG (oldie but goodie)

Today I hopping with the gals from the Design Diva's Facebook group.  It is time for our monthly OBG (oldie but goodie) hop.  The idea behind this hop is for us to pull something out of our stash that is at least 6 months old and give it some love. 


You should have arrived at my blog from Mary's amazing blog, if not you can go back to my pal Brenda's blog and start from the beginning.






For my card I pulled out my Impression Obsession Beehive stamp.  I have had this stamp for along time and only used it once before.  So sad, huh?  I would love to take credit for this awesome layout, but it's not mine.  Nope, it is this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch #104.  I just flipped it onto its side so that it would work with my image.  I used the colors from this weeks CR84FN15 color challenge.  We were asked to use green, teal and yellow.  I found these beautiful papers from Creative Inspirations in my pile and went to work.  The hive is stamped on a piece of SEI paper from the Mimosa collection (winter 2010 maybe?)


I colored the image with Copic markers and added a variety of Spica glitter pens for some shimmer.  The little bees were colored with glitter pens and the wings are filled in with some pretty crystal glitter. I finished off this card with some lace and a button tied with a bit of twine. 


I am going to send you on your way to Shelly's wonderful blog. Enjoy the rest of the hop!