Friday, February 25, 2011

CSS Treasure Chest Hop

Happy Friday Y'all!


Tonight I have gathered together with several of  my fellow Center Stage Alumni to introduce you to our first Treasure Chest Blog Hop.  The idea behind this hop is that we will be digging into the Treasure Chest from time to time and pulling out treasures to share with you.  Tonight we are sharing stamps from the Animal Kingdom...........Gina K's Animal Kingdom that is.  The challenge was to use any of the GKD sets that had an animal in it.  I chose to use the beautiful owl from the Hope Grows set illustrated by the talented Theresa Momber


You should have arrived at my blog from the ever so talented Lori McAree's blog, if not you can go back to StampTV and start from the beginning.  Really you should, you don't want to miss a thing!




I chose to follow along with this weeks Outlawz color challenge to use Lime, Charcoal and White and some bling.  I kinda tossed in a bit (okay a lot) of black too!  In an effort to use up some scrap my card is sized at 3 1/2" x 6".  I colored this adorable little owl with C1 and C3 Copics and sprinkled in some Stardust pen for a bit of glitz.  I cut the leafy flourish from some lime cardstock and then added some shadowing with YG03 and YG09 Copics.  To create the blinged out edging, I used both the postive and negative sections from the edge die.  I love how it worked out, I guess you would call that "seredipity."


Now that you have made it this far, I want to let you know that Gina K. is going to give away a free set valued at $24.95 or less to one lucky person.  Be sure to stop by each of the blogs along the hop and leave a comment.  Entering to win is as easy as that.  On Tuesday March 1, Gina will randomly choose a winner.  It could be you!


I am sending you on to Melissa Shultz's blog, where she has created a fabulous project for you.


Recipe:
Stamps:  Hope Grows-Gina K. Designs
Paper:  PL Smoky Slate, Black, White-GKD, Lime Green and Dot Print-SEI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Extras:  Bling, Copics, Stardust pen, CPJ's Edge die, Sizzlets Leaf die, Octagon Nesties, CB EF