Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A post about Christmas and MLK!

This past weekend was spent with the hubs' family for Christmas.
We had the best weekend.


My SIL was in town from college and spent hours playing Barbie's with Lillian.
I think that was the highlight for Lillian the whole weekend.
She could play Barbie's forever and be happy.
While they played barbie's, the rest of us played Farkle and Rummy.
Saturday we opened gifts.
Lillian and Alexa both received the CUTEST headbands.
They sure compliment their fashionista personalities.

Very stylish!


Lillian also got the lady bug pillow pet from her Grandpa Juan.
She loves it as much as her sister loves her Bumble Bee pillow pet.

Don't be jeal of Adam's custom made cutting board! :)
It's going in his man cave (aka the garage).

The girls also got some pretty sweet new clothes.
They put on a fashion show for us.

I LOVE these new dresses.

Alexa on the runway!

Oh yeah, if you hadn't noticed, they also got some dress up make up.
I need to teach them the importance of 'less is more'.


Auntie was the make up artist, while I dressed them for the fashion show.

The got some pretty sweet nail polish, too.
By the end of the weekend I think they each had about 8-10 layers of polish on their fingernails.

We went shopping Saturday afternoon.
Even tho I only watched the first season of Jersey Shore, I think Andrea and I look pretty hot in our new I heart Jersey Shore shirts.

It's tradition, every Christmas we make crab ragoons.
We all pitch in!
And Benny does the deep frying.

They go GREAT with king crab legs and shrimp.
It's tradition - and I love it.

Overall, a fabulous weekend.


********




The girls didn't have school Monday due to the Martin Luthar King Jr. Holiday, so my parents very very kindly came down to watch them. I had to work and Adam put together the MLK event at King Park in Minneapolis that we attending Monday night.

Grandpa Tom, Alexa, Lillian and Grandma Diane sitting front and center.

The Deliverance for Youth choir performed and were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Danni Starr from 96.3 NOW was the emcee.

Darrell Thompson was the keynote speaker.

David St. Peter (president of the MN Twins) accepted the "Living the Dream" award on behalf of the Minnesota Twins for their support in the park and recreation in Minneapolis.

Lillian enjoyed cake afterwards!

Papa and Alexa!