Monday, January 31, 2011

Losing Jackson


Life recently has been stressful but my biggest stress was when our hermit crab Jackson fell ill and did not seem to be anywhere near recovering. After separating him from his brother, Trent, he climbed out of his shell and within a day he had passed away. This devastated me beyond all else, the fact that my baby (for I loved him a little more than Trent who is more of a wild child) was ill and I could not do anything for him. He passed away last Saturday and the tank is hardly the same without him now that Trent ambles in it all by himself.

Hermit crabs may not be for everyone but these critters are certainly loving enough and Jackson's loss has a big impact on my life. I will miss him for the little quirks he had and the way he loved me even on the worst of days.