Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Daddy's Girl"--A Sentimental Story

Yesterday, I was talking to an awesome friend of mine named Kim who lives in Florida...As it turned out, we started talking about our dads who have both passed on and how special their memories are to us. So, last night I decided to make her some special pieces to celebrate her family.

Then, about 3 in the morning, I remembered a special pocket watch that someone had found for me in December while looking for vintage jewelry...I decided to make a mixed media piece for her to commemorate her special father.

The best part? The watch actually has "Dad" engraved on it...So, I went to work creating it ala Zuzu who makes fabulous pieces.
But, then I realized that it is also a locket, so I found
a picture of Kim and her dad on Facebook and used
gel medium to put it inside and then sprinkled
"fairy dust" on it to signify magical memories.

Here is a close-up. This piece is entitled "Daddy's
Girl" and is dedicated to Kim.



Also if you did not enter the drawing for my Blog Candy, it's not too late to put your name in the hat to win it. Just scroll down to the next post!

Linking this to The Answer is Chocolate!
Linking this to Etsy Cottage Style too!!!
And Linking to Blue Monday!

XO
Cindy