Thursday, January 27, 2011

BYS Blush (try to say it over and over again)


BYS is steadily becoming my favorite brand of makeup despite it having mixed reviews. I love it primarily because they do not test on animals and are highly affordable - when a girl needs a treat, BYS is easy to splurge on because it hardly makes you feel guilty and you end up with satisfying products. I have a lot of products to showcase in my upcoming posts and I thought I would start off with their Pretty in Pink blush.




Tragically, I dropped my blush the day I purchased it which makes me so very frustrated with myself (I am notoriously clumsy) and also quite devastated for a broken blush is often a tedious blush to use. Not discouraged though, it is entirely possible to use my Pretty in Pink provided I am extra careful.


First thoughts on BYS is they could really improve their packaging for their products but considering how affordable they are this is not exactly a big deal for me, if they were to improve their packaging they might as well be a high end brand. I love that the packaging is a little cheap, in a way it is more fun. As a fairly simple girl I am hardly looking to be impressed by the exterior of things: I am looking for interior quality.


I chose the pink thinking it would was a matte color but was proven wrong! It has a hidden shimmer to it and is a frosty pale pink. Now, with frosty blushes it can be tricky as they can lead to a dry skin effect but I find with a light dusting and less makeup a frosty blush will actually do wonders for you. Yesterday was Australia Day and hardly inspired to do my makeup (as I was lounging around doing work) I put some Pretty in Pink on, some gloss and was out the door (in order to find a muffin that would beat my boss, Derek's, muffin...don't ask).


An frosty, yummy pink and a blush I think I might end up using more during winter to truly add color to my cheeks. It is pigmented, texturally easy to work with and highly affordable.

Check out more of BYS Cosmetics HERE, bet you you will end up seeing something you like!