Friday, January 28, 2011

CSS Alumni Blog Hop

Hi there!  Tonight my fellow friends from the StampTV Center Stage Alumni were challenged to create a card using a sketch created by me!  You can see the sketch below.  Hopefully you have arrived at my blog from my pal Lori McAree's blog.  If not, you can go back to StampTV and start from the beginning.





I created this shaker card for my husbands parents who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday. I started with a PL White cardstock and created a 5" x 7" card. Afterall, I think 50 years deserves a BIG card, don't you?  I used my Scor-It board to create the diagonal pattern on the card.  I used a Cuttlebug folder for the smaller embossed piece.    I used stamps from the Fanciful Tags and Block Greetings sets from Gina K. Designs.  Everything was stamped in gold pigment ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.  The filling inside the shaker is called Gala Glitz (it is a mix of German glass glitter and tiny micro beads).  The shaker is layered onto a nesties label panel and the card is finished off with a bow and some gold dew drops. 


Make sure to leave a comment as you hop along because on Tuesday morning (February 1st), we will randomly choose one of the comments from all the blogs who will win a Gina K. Designs stamp set of their choice valued up to $24.95! 


I am going to send you on your merry way to my friend Melissa Schultz's blog, I know she has something awesome to share with you.


Happy hopping,