Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Friend's Studio


My friend Vicki of Rusty Rooster Vintage has a brand-new art studio. I wanted to make her a special decorator tag. (I know you must be swooning by now while looking at her space!)



Look at the close-up!

A few weeks ago, I purchased commercial graphics to create personalized digital art for my Etsy store. Then, I got the idea that I wanted to make something in celebration of Vicki’s new studio. First, I created this graphic with her initial in a harlequin design and, of course, I needed to use a rooster (he’s peeking out from behind her initial.)


Then, my husband (who rocks!) rusted this washer for me to put on her tag....You see, I had to have something “rusty” to be in-keeping with her theme. Finally, coffee-stained cheese cloth completed the tag for an added touch of “vintage.” Enjoy your studio, Vicki! I know it will be tons of fun!


I am linking this to the Graphics Fairy because the rooster came from there!


And I hope you'll all visit Vicki--she has an amazing blog and is a super neat person!!!