Sunday, January 16, 2011

Book Lover's Devotional




About The Book:

If you like books, you’ll love The Book Lover’s Devotional—a collection of 60 readings that draw engaging, contemporary spiritual points from literature. From All Quiet on the Western Front to Little House on the Prairie, from In His Steps to Pride and Prejudice, and from Christy to The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, books covered run the gamut of genres, from the 1800s to the present. Each entry features details on the book itself, and describes a moment of truth to be found in the story. “Further thought” questions encourage critical thinking about literature.

My Thoughts:

I keep this little devotional book on my desk and have been reading a section each morning before getting started with my day.  It is fascinating to learn tidbits of information about the books and authors, and there is a genuinely thought-provoking devotional included that, so far, has been a helpful message to carry throughout the day.
It can be used as often as you like as it isn't set with specific days to read. I think this is a perfect gift for anyone who loves books!

My thanks to Barbour Publishing for the review copy of this book. I was not compensated for my opinion.

CHALLENGE FULFILLMENT: 100+ Books