Friday, January 14, 2011

Pizza Bars + Recipe

We are celebrating Christmas this weekend with the hubs' family!
As always on such occasions, I ask his Mom what I can bring to contribute to the large amount of food that will be served. Her request is always, pizza bars!
I have to say that these bars have become quite the hit in his family and since I make them, it makes me feel pretty good.
They are a HUGE treat in my family, too. My Grandma is the one who makes them the best and passed the receipe on to me.
I had plans of making them and including a tutorial for you all, but I ended up making them quite late last night and I really didn't feel like taking the time to take pictures of my every step. Sorry!
However, I will provide for you the receipe...(and maybe do a tutorial later)
PIZZA BARS
Ingredients:
1 c. lowfat butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. oatmeal
1/2 jar Mrs. Richards butterscotch-carmel topping
1 c. mini m&m's
1 c. mini choc. chips
2 squares white almond bark
Directions:
Cream the butter and the brown sugar. Add baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
(this is sometimes hard to mix, so a pastry cutter helps do the job.)
Spread in a pan (evenly) and put in the oven on 350 degrees for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.
While the crust is hot, spread on the butterscotch-carmel topping, sprinkle the m&m's and choc. chips and then drizzle the (melted) white almond bark on the top.
Enjoy!