Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Come Sail Away

Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me.........okay, so I don't sing and I am not going to start now, so you can thank your lucky stars for that one!  I just love the way today's card turned out.  I almost always create cards with a more feminine flare in either image or colors.  I just loved this little boat in the Verve Text Objects set.  Hubby and I dream about selling everything and living on a big boat someday.  It is okay to dream, right?   I used the Viva La Verve Week 2 sketch as my inspiration for this card.  I stamped the little boat with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Gina K Designs PL Ivory cardstock and colored it with Copics.  The masts were paper pieced with the most adorable teeny glittery dot cardstock.  The image was cut out and layered up with Spellbinders Petite Oval nesties.  The layering is pretty straight forward except for the teeny tiny blue layer around each of the panels, it is only 1/16" larger than the piece that is on top of it.  I probably could have achieved the same look by edging each piece with a blue marker, but I love layers so I couldn't resist giving it a try.  I really like how it makes each layer pop!


There is a new VLV sketch each week, you can read all about it HERE.


Recipe:
Card size:  Top Fold A2 (4 1/4" x 11"---score at 5 1/2")
Stamps:  Text Objects-Verve
Paper:  PL Kraft, PL Ivory-GKD, Blue-Prismatics, Prints-Unknown from Stash
Extras:  Ribbin, Dew Drops, Petite Oval nesties, Copics


Don't forget, blog confections coming soon!