Saturday, April 30, 2011

When Adelaide bloggers meet up...again!

So the last time there was a blogger meet up it was on a rather small scale with just Celeste of Becoming Beautiful, Stacey of Pop Makeup and myself meeting up for a lunch, cupcakes and good conversation. Today there was a bigger turn out (despite some of us not being able to stay for long or attend most of it unfortunately but still!) of Adelaide-ian bloggers (and I think we can say now that there are some of us who aren't just 'beauty' bloggers but all-rounder bloggers more specifically - I know I for one am the latter!).


The bloggers of today? Celeste of Becoming Beautiful of course who arranged todays meet up as well and is simply amazing for also bringing goodies for us! Stacey of Pop Makeup who apparently looked gorgeous in her wedding attire (I wish I saw you!), Michelle of Eat Paint Sniff Glue (whom I didn't get to meet unfortunately!), Neena of Princess Neena, and Saku of Rozen Saku with whom I spent hours with after everyone left chatting away! Unfortunately we couldn't get Kirsten of Commander in Chic today but hopefully we get her at our next meet up!

The beautiful ladies (and a very special guest as well as Celeste's housemate) all went for Yum Cha at Zen House which I had to miss because I had to finish off my politics essay - seriously devastated! But I worked hard enough so I could meet Celeste (and her housemate!), Neena and Saku at Cocolat for coffee later in the afternoon. After Celeste, her housemate and Neena left Saku and I had a great afternoon/evening filled with amazing talks about our lives and...fish. That is probably all I will tell you about our time together!



Celeste is sooo wonderful for giving us some goodies! You spoil us already by visiting us every month, I definitely cannot wait for your longer visit next month! Thank you for the BYS lipstick in Coral Kiss - probably a bit too bright for me but it will be well loved in a special giveaway coming up.

What I missed at lunch was a very special guest - Owen from The Face Shop! How exciting and I was even more devastated I missed out on meeting him. However, later on while Saku and I were going all over Rundle Mall looking through shops we couldn't resist but visit The Face Shop (and I think I will probably spend ALL my money on their seriously gorgeous new eye shadows which can be chosen and put into a palette thus creating your own custom palette!) and I got to meet Owen who then gave me a goodie bag...


I am still in serious shock over how nice he is and I think I want to camp outside The Face Shop now with big huge banners proclaiming my undying devotion to them! Not just because he was SO nice as to give me a goodie bag but because what he gave us all?


For one, is simply too generous and amazing! And for another? Everything from The Face Shop from what I know is not test on animals! And this is most important to me these days as I give up numerous brands and so knowing that at least one that I do shop from is animal friendly is SUCH a relief! Thank you so very much Owen, this made me a very happy girl seeing as I only just purchased a face mask the other day thinking it would be my only treat for a while and you give us all this amazing array of face masks! Definitely hugging these and sleeping tonight...or possibly rampaging through the rest of this weekend so I have a good excuse to try one tomorrow night!

Such an amazing day and I am so glad I managed to meet Neena and Saku as well as catch up with Celeste again. Looking forward to the next chapter of the Adelaide Meetups!

I leave you with my look for today - Darling Girl Cosmetics, featuring the new All The Pretty Little Horses collection and my newly chopped hair!