Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bet your bottom dollar...there will be SUN!!

It's been raining all week and today we FINALLY had a nice day - the sun came out this evening, Alexa's babysitter took her for a long bike ride, Lillian played and rode bike with the neighbor kids..it was awesome.  Just being outside, getting some fresh air is so refreshing.  It's funny how much the weather plays into our moods.  It's been so gloomy and gray lately, that it's been almost depressing.  Now that we have a peak of sunshine, it brings things to life again.  I know other areas of the country have had it much worse, tho, and I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.  Lots of my blogging and Etsy friends have been affected by storms and tornados.  I hope that Mother Nature gives us all a break soon.  We NEED more sunshine in our lives right now.

If you follow my blog somewhat closely, you know that Thursday nights are "Girls Night" at our house.  The hubs works late and it's just the girls and I, so we've declared it "Girls Night".  We usually do something fun and follow up the night with a movie.  It's 9 o'clock and we just started watching Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs.  This is totally waaay past the girls' bedtime, but whatev!  It's our night and we're enjoying every minute of it...including the icecream, choc. chips and popcorn!!  :)  I think about all these fun times spent with my little girls and hope that we continue to have our fun "Girls Nights" for many years to come. 

Recently Alexa has expressed her interest in taking showers rather than tubbies with her sister.  I'm not opposed to it by any means, I just think it's easier to put them both in the tub together, wash 'em up and get them out at the same time.  But, this week I've let her try the shower thing.  She has been doing really well.  She washes herself up and then calls me in to help wash her hair.  With her hair nearly down to her little tush, it's a bit difficult for her to manage on her own.  She's so proud of herself and looks at it as a new phase of herself getting older and more independant.  Normally these 'getting older' phases affect me emotionally, but I've handled this shower transition quite well, I think.  My girls are just growing up so quickly.  I'm really trying my best to embrace each new phase in their life and cherish every memory we make together.


**
I posted some pretty cool reviews and giveaways today.  You should check them out.  The list of my current giveaways are on my top right sidebar.  Just click on the link and it will bring you directly to the page.  I think it's quite obvious my obsession with Etsy.  I hope you enjoy the reviews and giveaways from the incredible shops and awesome Etsians.