Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding - My 10 favorite moments

The Royal Wedding - whether you loved it or hated it...I really couldn't care less because I actually loved it. At first I wasn't even sure if I would be able to tune in for it as my internet quota for the month was running out and I had a politics essay to [never] complete but I ended up tuning in as I had to be a part of history. Even if it was via YouTube's live streaming of it courtesy of BBC.

Without further ramble (I still have to do that politics essay!) here are my ten favorite moments from the Royal Wedding (why am I automatically capitalizing that? Gee whiz, it has definitely gotten the better of me!):

When Catherine arrived at Westminister


Totally a 'Father of the Bride' moment - at least to me! I always love this intimate last walk a father and daughter will do, I definitely teared up.

The view of Westminister - interior


Such a beautiful aerial view, I loved how Catherine chose to decorate as well.

When Prince William and Catherine finally got to stand together


They are so perfect together...even if they admittedly looked bored for most of the ceremony thereafter.

In the carriage, officially married




When Prince William looked skywards for a while when the carriage left Westminister I had to wonder whether he was thinking of Princess Diana then...or wondering if it would rain any minute.


Procession after the ceremony




So beautiful...the gray horses that pulled the royal couple's carriage I mean.


Respect



Every time they both paid their respects - Prince William saluting and Catherine bowing her head down gracefully - it made me proud...for no apparent reason.

That first kiss...



...which could have been a lot better (and then they kissed again so that made up for it!...P.S. Stacey, eat your heart out with that severe blush line!)

Big big BIG planes



Need I say more? I swooned, even if you may not have.

Big big BIG planes zooming over palace


Refer to earlier statement in picture 8

The end of a fairytale wedding


...or well, a regular wedding just with a dash of royalty