Thursday, December 30, 2010

Suki's fond memories of 2010

What a year 2010 has been! I personally found it to be one of the happier years of my life: I finally went off to pursue a degree after years of waiting after graduating from high school, I discovered a quaint city I fell in love with upon arrival, I have met and gotten close to some very wonderful people who will most certainly be life-long friends, and most importantly I have been fortunate enough to find in Scott a soul-mate and best friend.

Life could not have been more perfect this year even with its downs (the amount of times I have been ill this year has been considerably fewer than other years but the severity of each bout of flu has been terrible!) and I am so grateful that my beautiful parents have provided me with the opportunity to further my education and have been so very supportive and loving at all costs and at every hour I have needed them.

I have lost two very cherished pets: Jodhaa (Jodi), my barely a year old guinea pig earlier in the year and Pebbles, my fourteen-year old cat just this month. However Scott and I have our two adorable hermit crabs, Jackson and Trent, while my parents still have our two remaining cats, Sydney and Prince as well as our beloved still-nameless tortoise. Pets are beautiful additions to a family and I have benefited from all of mine in so many ways and 2010 has taught me to cherish them that much more.

2010 has taught me so much about myself and changed me in a lot of ways too. I was able to become a better person this year and most definitely a happier person for which I am most grateful for. Scott, my family and friends are an incredible support system in my life and they all are too amazing for words. It is them I thank for all the happiness and success I have gained this year.

Enough of me rambling away! I leave you with some photos of this year and a tale of each.

From the moment I arrived, fell in love with Adelaide and university and college life, 2010 has been amazing. I can only thank my parents for giving me this opportunity to study abroad and further my education and my life.

Life in Adelaide has been fun no matter what everyone has to say about the quaint, sometimes slow city. Trust me, after a 1am jaunt to Glenelg and getting a photo with a police jeep life is never unexciting unless you choose to be boring (:

The people I have memories with are ones I hope I know for life, because they are beautiful and like I did with Laura on the engineers pub crawl, there is always much fun to pursue and laughs to have.

Scott is the most amazing person in my life and probably the most important after my family. With him I have experienced so much and have yet to experience more with him. He is the one person I want to go through life with, he is my best friend as well as my boyfriend.

From wind farms...

...To caves (:

And not to forget, some very long car journeys together.

Our tradition is going to the zoos of SA and hopefully in the future we will be able to go to others.

My memories of this year show how much I have changed as a person - me stealing even a candle?! That was unheard of a mere few months prior to me moving to Adelaide!

I have kissed pandas...

...And gotten slushies from my boyfriend when I need them the most (:

I take myspace style photos unintentionally but love the people I take photos with.

My girlfriends are SO important to me...

...And we always get up to no good!

This year has been full of experiences...

And I cannot wait to go through it all over again with Lex as my partner in crime (:

I thank all the professionals I have gotten to work with this year and for the beautiful photos they have given me.

Let me know what your fond memories of this year have been!