Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Still Wrapping!!!

Here's Jamie and I taking a break from gift-wrapping!




Hi Everyone--


Well, it seems that the more gifts I wrap, I keep finding things I forgot I bought.

(I do that every year because I hide things too well!)


I hope that you are having a wonderful holiday season and I’m jumping for

joy because my daughter is coming for Christmas!


I’m also excited because the present I ordered for my husband didn’t look like it would make it here in time, but it arrived yesterday--yay!! (I ordered it before Thanksgiving, but it was sent internationally, hence, the delay.)


Well, I’ve got a neat story to tell you. The other day, I went online and visited my good friend Donna’s blog...She had on the most GORGEOUS hat on her blog...If you miss it, you’re really missing out because it’s fantastic and she looks so beautiful in it...


Anyway, we have unexpected company coming for Christmas, so I decided to make the little girl who is visiting a cap with a flower on the side of the brim. I started to make it and was not having lots of luck. I can do it...I just don’t like the process!


So, my husband said, “Give me that loom--I’ll make it!” He didn’t only make 1, he made 3!!! And then, he asked, “Do you want one?” Of course, that sent me scrambling for my yarn upstairs!


I found my favorite one, he made it, and then I crocheted a flower and put coffee-stained cheese cloth on it so it looks vintage...I couldn’t wait to show you his creation!!


Oh--and one more thing...My apologies that my house isn’t Shabby Chic with all pink! But, I love Christmas colors...No, let me re-phrase that--I wait to see Christmas colors not only at home, but all around the city! I think it is the happiest time of year!


My Christmas giveaway is still in full-swing, so if you haven't signed up to enter, just scoot down to the next post.


Merry Christmas!!!