Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Round or Square......or Both!

Whew!  I am finally rested after all of the Christmas festivities and had some time today to do a little stamping.  I always love the Round/Square Mojo Monday challenges and rarely have the time to play along.  Today, I made the time for Mojo Monday 171 and ended up with one of each.



For my roundy, I started with some print paper from the Basic Grey Curio collection and built my card around that.  I love this sentiment from the Verve Beautiful You set and felt like it was a good match for the print paper.  I tell you working with all those circles was fun, but it was nice to plop the square right up on top of them all.  I dressed this one up with some olive silk ribbon and a pretty little paper flower.  Pretty foolproof, even for me.  =)


I changed it up a bit for my square card by rounding the bottom corners and changing the circle for a fun buttony bow.  The adorable little bird is from the Gina K. Designs Winter Wings set.  I am loving this little bird so much.  I bet she sings the sweetest songs!  I colored her in with an interesting combo of R and E Copic markers (listed below) and a bit of Gold Spica pen on her wings for a bit of sparkle.    Along with the Mojo Monday challenge, I am entering this card for the Button in a Bow challenge over at StampTV


Thanks for the great sketches Julee!  They were a blast to work with!


Round recipe:
Stamps:  Beautiful You-Verve
Paper: PL Ivory, Bazzill Rust, Basic Grey Curio
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Extras:  Silk Ribbon, Paper Flower, Standard and Lacey Circle Nesties


Square recipe:
Stamps:  Winter Wings-GKD
Paper:  PL Ivory, Papertrey Olive, Basic Grey Curio
Ink;  Memento Rich Cocoa
Extras:  Silk Ribbon, Button, Twine, Copics (E09, E11, E33, E55, R01 and R11 for the bird) (YR0000 and W1 for shading), Gold Spica Glitter Pen



Hugs,