Sunday, December 19, 2010

In Between: More Photos Than Text

Just a little filler, just whiling away my days


How I'm going to spend my final two weeks in Sri Lanka will be hard to plan - there is so much I want to do but so little time, literally. I have two family road trips (one is our new years trip), a friend coming in for a day next week whom I need to see, another friend to harass so I can see him before I leave, time with my grandmother and most importantly time with my parents as I'm probably not returning home during my mid-year break next year. Oh! And how can I forget my fantabulous boys - Sydney and Prince? Since losing Pebbles I've only become more determined in cherishing the little time I have with my pets, I won't see my cats for a very long time and who knows how big they'll be when I see them next?




Speaking of pets, our tortoise came out for a bit of a wander today.


She's such a cute critter, I love it when she peeps into the house as though checking to see if we're still alive!


On Friday, Mummy and I went to the usual flower exhibition that's held in our local park and I came across this flower - a passion fruit flower but instead of being yellow it is purple and does not yield fruit as the normal plant does. How beautiful and how in love I fell! Unfortunately the full grown plant was a bit too expensive to gamble with and we wanted a baby plant as it's a creeper and would be easier to "mould" if it's young.

Unfortunately though when we went everything was sold out! I'm pretty disappointed but at least the high demand for them means that at the next flower exhibition they'll surely be stocked up and waiting! So until Mummy hunts one of our own down I'll be patient...



As our driver had today off, we went by tri-shaw to the exhibition. I love going around in these! The breeze is lovely and the ride is always exhilarating.


My Uncle gave me this book recently and I plan on doing a post on it sometime when I'm back in Adelaide, I'm planning on saving this to read on the plane!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.