Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Feature #8 - Mary K. Jewels


My name is Mary and I've have been married for 3 years, and we have one little dog. I'm a Minnesota girl with long winters to get through, so I started scrapbooking and somehow it evolved into jewelry making. I keep up with both craft hobbies by organizing 3-day scrapbooking retreats. My Etsy shop is a new adventure for me. After weeks of friends, coworkers, and family begging to buy my jewelry, I decided to open the Etsy shop. The response to my watches has been overwhelmingly positive, so I'm just starting to branch out into other types of jewelry: necklaces, rings, earrings. I started making my watch bands after seeing them for sale in other places. I thought they were so cute and such a smart idea, so I decided to give it a try myself. I've always been the crafty type (scrapbooking, sewing, DIY projects around the house) so jewelry fit well with my hobby!
My shop appeals to anyone who appreciates crafting, jewelry, and creativity. I try to post a variety of different designs to appeal to anyone. Many readers have learned that if there isn't something they love, I will do a custom order for them.
In the (hopefully!) near future, I will offer gift certificates. Many times customers have wanted to give my bands as a gift but are unsure of color, style, and size. Gift certificates will be the perfect answer for those gifts.

Mary K. Jewels watch bands and watch faces are sold seperately, so you can mix and match.
I love that you can switch things up from something classy, to something fun and flirty.

With the lobster clasps, it's super easy to switch the watch bands to match any outfit in your wardrobe.
Mary customizes each watch band to fit your wrist size, so no worries on it being too tight or too loose. Each band is also made with elastic, making it easy to slip on and off your wrist.

Mary is so creatively talented that any item in her shop is sure to catch your eye, but if you have an idea of your own or specific style beads or colors you prefer, she is more than willing to work with you to make the watch band you desire.

These gorgeous interchangeable beaded watch bands are a must have for the Mom's, Grandma's, Aunties, Sisters and Teachers on your Christmas list, but would also make great Mother's Day, Birthday, Anniversary or Bridal Party gifts. Mary is able to do large custom orders, too!

I received a turquoise beaded watch, similar to the one shown above.
I really love it a lot. It's comfortable to wear. It goes with so many pieces of jewelry that I already own. I can't wait to buy a few more of the bands to mix and match. I normally only wear silver jewelry, so the silver watch face works best for me, but they also come in bronze/brown.




Mary has expanded her shop from these lovely watches, to selling other jewelry as well.
I love her creative style.

All her rings are adjusted to fit any size.
I have recently become a huge fan of large rings.
I'm pretty sure that I NEED the two shown below. :)


A few necklaces are featured in Mary's shop as well.




and on Facebook.
Be sure to leave her a sweet comment on her wall telling her how amazing her creations are and heart her Etsy shop.
Mary is offering all Mom-a-Logues readers a 10% discount on the items in her shop through December 31, 2010. Enter this code: momalogues, when ordering.