Friday, December 24, 2010

Looks Of The Week

Looks of the week

This week has passed by in a bit of a blur as I have been in and out of Colombo going on road trips with my parents to Anuradhapura which is the central city in Sri Lanka for stoopas and Buddhist temples, etc. It's a beautiful, serene place and I'm beginning to appreciate the trips there with my parents again. The peace I gain from these trips helps me keep my temper (which flares over the slightest thing) in check and as I don't intend on returning home for at least a year and a half I'm getting the most I can while I am here.

Enough rambling, here are the looks I've done over the past few days.



A usual purple-y combination, I can't seem to stray away from my purples really! Nothing exciting and as usual it didn't come out the way I intended.


Purples are harder in my opinion unless you use them with a very bold and opposing color. I guess you can count this as a daily look.


I'm pretty proud of this look - blues! I used to fear blues with a passion and dislike the "cheap" look it gives reminiscent of the 70s and what should be kept in the past.


However I've learned to appreciate the different ways you can use blue without looking tarty or overly bright.


I'll definitely be experimenting with blues more in the future! It helps that Fyrinnae makes some stunning shades of blue.


A quick photo of a fairly...nothing there look? Yes and yes! I was due to leave to A'pura and just wanted to snap a shot of my "traveling" make up. While I don't wear foundation or concealer (besides, in the tropics you're better off without a whole layer of make up on your face, it just melts off!) I like to have some blush, mascara and a slick of eyeliner for when I'm traveling. Maybe not for my +10 hour journey up and down from Adelaide to Colombo (planes and make up is a no-no) but on 6 hour road trips? Sure, why not.


It's Christmas eve today! This is my look for today - reds and greens but then I chose to do a twist on my waterline with some "bauble" colors. So I guess you can say I'm trying to channel a Christmas tree look today. It's so dark today because it's going to rain so you can't see very much unfortunately...


I'm off to A'pura tomorrow as well so I won't be able to do a Christmas day look but I'll do one on Sunday hopefully (:


Fyrinnae's Dinosaur Plushie is to die for! I absolutely love it, not only because of its name!


Thank goodness for flash so you can see the colors a little better!