Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Blessings of the Season



I am wishing you a wonderful holiday season and hoping that the angels are blessing you as you enjoy the holidays.

This is a time of year when I get so caught up in memories--memories of Christmases past...Times when I was little and couldn't wait for Santa Claus...Times of remembering my children waiting for him too.

I remember when my daughter, Jenny was 3 years old. She sat in the wing back chair in the living room and I asked what she was doing. It was midnight, she was dressed for bed, and our Christmas Eve company had left. She said, "I'm sleeping right in this chair so I won't miss Santa when he comes down the chimney!"

A few minutes later, she was asleep...Luckily, she stayed asleep so she didn't see Santa bring the gifts for her...Instead, she woke up to surprises that were a sink and stove (I was hoping she'd be a Domestic Goddess, I guess!) and a Cabbage Patch Kid named Josie Genevieve. I can't remember what else Santa brought, but I remember the sink and stove because he didn't put it together...That Christmas Day, my niece Tiffany and I put it together...

To say the least, Jenny loved it...But, like her mother, she is not one to want to cook and be in the kitchen...I wonder if it's because she didn't see Santa...or if it just runs in the family! lol

What is one of your favorite Christmas memories?