Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In Between: Tales of Food

Just a little filler, just whiling away my days

 
(Dear Blogger, be cranky and don't upload some pictures the right way around. It's cool. Love, Me)

I think this will be my "food post" where all I'll do is post photos of meals I find particularly interesting to share. Or, well, not even interesting but just food that makes me sigh (which is generally most meals).


Prawn laksa - my favorite whenever we get Singaporean takeout!

Hot and spicy seafood pizza - this didn't exactly win me over.

A "bath packet", "bath" means rice in Sinhalese. Green Cabin food is the best food ever.

Strawberry jelly made by yours truly...it needed more water though

My usual breakfast: Special K with chocolate bits and a coffee

Vegetable kottu! SOOO good! Spicy and way too yummy with tiny springrolls too

What other McDonalds in the world lack: veggie burgers

Kraft mac and cheese, best comfort food ever

Local brand Elephant House has come out with new ice creams - lime with mango on the inside, mmm

Another bath packet from our usual local caterer. This is a typical Lankan lunch:
A type of banana, dhal, beetroot, fish curry and a green leaf and coconut type salad

I don't much like thambili (king coconut) juice (coconut juice) but I love the fleshy inside

Blogger cracks me up: this got rotated when it wasn't rotated to begin with!
Omelettes are usually the way to go in the Suzuki household. Chilis, onions, home grown tomatoes, lots of pepper and a touch of ketchup.

My grandmother from Japan is visiting so it's Japanese food every so often for us!
Soba from my Uncle Soji, yum!

Roti prathas with chicken curry, so YUM! A childhood favorite from Singapore.

Egg salad on good bread equals carb happiness!