Friday, July 23, 2010

Yes, I'm a book addict! (or where oh where shall I put my cookbook collection?)


Hello, my name is Sharon and I’m a book addict.

Ok, there – I said it! I love books!

My addiction to books began when I was just a child. My mom and dad are to blame for my craving of anything bookish – you, see they were both book addicts too!

Growing up, we had books everywhere! Bookcases in the hall, in the den, in the bedrooms, in the living room, even in the dining room. We were a family of readers.


And when I had children, I turned them (well, most of them) into book addicts too! Four sons, all of them readers! I’m a proud momma!

(this is not one of mine...)


Which brings me to today’s blog. My husband (also a reader, don’t get me wrong!) thinks I have a problem. I have too many books.

Gasp….

I know, silly, huh?

But he loves me and he usually makes me bookshelves to organize my beloved books.

My current dilemma is trying to decide what kind of premade shelf unit that will fit in the dining room to house my collection of Southern Living Cookbooks.

I have been collecting the Southern Living cookbooks since I was a senior in high school (1979) and have all through 2006 (still looking for a few to catch me up to date.) I love these books for their beautiful photographs, their easy recipes, and their elegant look grouped together.

I like the look of a baker’s rack – and found some really cool ones at this website - http://www.diningroomsdirect.com/

See what you think of these!

I like this one, but it might be too small...
This one is GORGEOUS!


This one is cute, and would hold my collection well!



This one is elegant, and I love the bottom basket!



I’ll let you know what I decide to use.

Now, to find a place for all those books in the bathroom…..



Be sure to check out http://www.diningroomsdirect.com/ if you are looking for anything for your dining room. They have some beautiful things there!