Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fun Find! - Leon Levin!

The other day I found the cutest pair of shorts, maybe ever!

A little vintage pair of high waisted, pleated, pink and white striped, Leon Levin Shorts! I could tell they were vintage and quality, but I didn't know much about the designer!

vintage-leon-levin-1975-2

Leon Levin started making clothing for women in 1931. He wanted to bring women quality clothing and sportswear, even during the height of the depression. In the 1960's, many women started to play golf. This led to Levin and his designer, Lulu Roody, introducing the Q-skirt or Skort, which instantly became a favorite on the Ladies Professional Golf Tours!

They promoted the brand with brightly colored fun Ads, like this one.
vintage-leon-levin-1981-2

The pair of green shorts all the way to the left in the above ad, might be the exact pair of shorts I found while out thrifting the other day! (Although green, not pink. :)

So here they are! Click on the photo and you can see more information about them, in my Etsy shop!
DSC00088

I really love them! They would absolutely be in my closet instead of my shop if only they were my size!

Hope everyone is having a happy and productive wednesday!