Friday, July 23, 2010

CSS Alumni Blog Hop

Hi there!  Tonight I am sharing a card that I created for for a blog hop being hosted by members of StampTV Center Stage Alumni. A group of us have decided to get together a couple of times a month and host a themed hop in order to share our love for Gina K. stamps.  For this hop we were given this photo as inspiration.  If you've arrived from my pal Lori McAree's blog then you're at the right place! To start at the beginning, please go to StampTV and hop from there.


As soon as I saw this picture I knew I would be using Melanie's adorable Candles on Your Cake set.  I was also inspired by the wonderful bright colors.in the photo and knew that the striped paper from the October Afternoon Farm Fresh pad would be perfect to create little presents with. I punched 1" squares from the paper and adhered them to some white Inchie squares. I tied 3 of them up like little gifts with some teeny tiny ribbon from my stash.  I stamped the bottom of the cupcake with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then colored it with Copic markers (R29, R11).  The cupcake top was stamped with Memento Canteloupe ink and then I piled on some light yellow Liquid Pearls and a boatload of Limone' Art Institute glitter.  I attached the cupcake pieces to the forth Inchie square and adhered them all to a piece of Turquoise Sea  GKD PL cardstock and then layered to a white card that was embossed with dots.  The inside of the card was decorated using some of the scraps from the front. 
Whew, now I will send you on your way to Sherri Seffens's blog for some more amazing eye candy!