Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 79

Hi there, I hope your Sunday was a happy one.  We did a little grocery shopping and then hung out the rest of the day.  I managed to steal away a little time for some stamping so I thought I would play along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch that Karen Giron puts up each week on her blog The Sweetest Thing. Karen gave us this sketch to use this week:   
I haven't had much stamping time lately, so this sketch was the perfect inspiration for me.  I took a wee bit of creative liberty and changed the oval shape to a circle.  I stamped the Wordsworth sentiment in Rich Cocoa Memento ink on a cream panel and cut it with the standard circle Nestabilities die and then layered it onto a scalloped circle.  I layered the sentiment panel on top of some crochet ribbon that was layered onto some pretty SEI floral cardstock.  I finished off the card with Prima  flowers,  a punched bird (MS) and some Mango pearls from Kaisercraft.  My favorite thing about this card is that it was created 100% from scraps from a recent class that I taught. 


hugs,