Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday Thinks: Stumbling Over My Fingers

It's Tuesday and I'm looking for inspiration

This Tuesday I was a little stumped: what could I possibly offer up for inspiration this week? I thought I'd spend some time on a site I found a while back called Stumble Upon to see if I'd "stumble upon" inspiration.

Then it hit me - Stumble Upon is inspiration in itself!

The site is pure genius, it essentially allows you to narrow down your interests and at a click of a button you "stumble" upon a website that focuses on one of your interests. A word of caution though, it can be very addictive! I've literally found myself spending hours just "stumbling" through websites. However it's a very good way of passing time and also you can share your finds with someone.

Here are three of my favorite finds for today:

1. I love images that play tricks on your mind and compel you to think outside of the box so when I found Liu Bolin I was definitely intrigued! I love how well done his illusions are - my favorite is the police man restraining him.

2. There's this side of me that very few people are privy to and that is I'm a HUGE trivia junkie! I can literally read trivia for an entire day and not be bored - you always learn something new or amazing to tuck away to talk about later on (with someone who equally appreciates tidbits!) So definitely appreciated finding Human World while stumbling.

3. One of my goals for when I have children is to create a story for them and either draw the pictures to accompany it or let them draw them in. I just think it's something sweet to do for your child, create a story that is especially for them. When I found the story 'The Saddest Bear Of All' it just blew me away! How sweet is this story??? I love it!

I definitely suggest stumbling should you ever need inspiration or a boredom fix - guaranteed to be productive (: