Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Uncle Tiny & Courtney

We counted down the days until Friday. Lillian cried all Thursday evening because she was short a day. Uncle Tiny and Courtney were coming and it was going to be a GREAT weekend.
And it was....
It was so nice having my little brother down. Since he lives so far away, we don't get to see him as often as we'd like. We try to keep in touch through email and whatnot, but it's just not the same as him being here. Alexa and Lillian adore him and he's Adam's favorite VID buddy - beef jerky - full throttles and all.
Adam and I took the girls to their friend Vienna's 4th Birthday party on Saturday afternoon. We were able to check out Matt and Tia's new basement - it was AWESOME. It gave me so many idea's for our basement (some day). I learned all about being a Douala and have a gal (Matt's Mom) who wants to train me any time I'm ready. Wouldn't that be just the coolest job - ever?
Adam chit chatted it up with everyone and the girls played with all of Vienna's toys and jumped in her jumper in the backyard. Their favorite part was Vienna's 2 great big dogs.
Afterwards, we met Uncle Tiny and Courtney at the MN Zoo, where they were going to take the girls for the rest of the afternoon and evening so Adam and I could go on our anniversary date. Tiny carried a backpack of snacks and water- just like a true YMCA camp councilor (hehe). Alexa loved the prairie dogs the most and Lillian liked the tiger. Courtney said the grizzly bear was the coolest and Tiny said he could have stayed another hour - he loved the whole thing.
I don't know what my girls enjoyed more - the zoo or all the special attention from their Uncle Tiny and Courtney. :)
Courtney and the girls at the zoo

Tiny and the girls watching the dolphins.

Tiny, Lilli and Alexa inside a sharks mouth.


Snack time!!


What a GREAT Uncle!


Lillian's personal taxi.

Look how close they are to that big grizzly bear!!


He kept walking back and forth past the glass...and Alexa kept following him.

Alexa and Courtney by the Moose.


Look Uncle Tiny...LOOOK!!


Can it get any cuter than this?

Alexa and Lillian at the MN Zoo - July 2010


Lillian riding the fish.


We see you Alexa... :)


The cutest little monkey's I've ever seen.


Bat Lillian


Bat Alexa


Lillian on the golden turtle.


Having fun at the zoo


Not only were the girls spoiled for being able to go to the zoo. Courtney and Tiny treated them to dinner at McDonald's and icecream at the DQ.
Yummy Icecream!


Lots of chocolate.


Yuuummmm


Liiick


A chocolate kiss anyone??


BIG Bite


Little bite


Alexa was freezing and Courtney was just as cold.
Trying to warm each other up.


I absolutley love this picture of Alexa and Courtney.
A true shot of how happy they are.

As for Adam and I...we enjoyed the late afternoon and evening shopping for a new car. Just doing our research for now, but hopfully within the year it will become a reality. We are desperately feeling the need for a 3rd row seat, without having to buy a mini-van. So far, the new 2010 Mazda 9 is looking pretty nice. :) We had a nice dinner together at Red Lobster - shared the Ultimate Seafood Platter and some stuffed seafood mushrooms. I sipped on a Mei-Tei and we had great conversation. We walked off our dinner at Target, shopping the back clearance aisles. I picked up some new ribbon (for my hair clippies I've been making - I'll post about that later) and an outfit or two for the girls. Oh - and baby wipes were on sale - SCORE!!
Then we went to a movie. Even though I've seen Eclipse (the 3rd in the Twilight series), I went again, so Adam could watch it with me. Now that people - is what a I call TRUE LOVE!! I'm so extremely lucky to have him!!
Sunday was HOT...we spent all day outside the backyard, playing in the swimming pool.
The cool the about Tiny and Courtney - they are just like big kids. They put their suits on and joined right in on the fun.
Alexa being goofy..


See what I mean? There is Uncle Tiny....IN THE KIDDIE POOL!


Lillian running through the sprinkler. Sort of.
She manages to dodge the water at all costs.


Getting a little bit wet.


Stop picking on me Uncle Tiny!!


Chip got all tangled up in the girls' tunnel.


Can I have a drink??



Adam grilled a delicious meal of fajitas, chicken and hotdogs.
I made guacamole dip.
Uncle Benski came to visit and we played Apples to Apples Jr.
Lillian and I even got a few minutes of shut eye in between all of that.
Closer to the evening we set up a bonfire in the backyard and roasted smores.
YUM.YUM.YUM.

Tiny eating a smore.


Our fire!


Alexa roasting the marshmellows.
She didn't want to eat them, but she liked to make them.


HELLO!


Adam tending to the fire.


The smores were DELICIOUS!!


Come chase me Uncle Tiny!!!


Lillian using baby wipes to clean her toes.


Reading the paper.


I love this kid SO MUCH...I could kiss on her all day.


Look at that fire!


Papa and his girls.


Silly Mommy and Daddy!


After the fire - we got comfy inside.
Adam and Tiny played VID. They brought the gold back the USA or saved the world or something...who knows?
Adam playing VID!


Tiny playing VID!
So intense.


Courtney uploaded all these fabulous pics to the computer and I read my Twilight book.


The girls made a bed on the floor in the living room and read to each other before falling asleep.


It was the perfect ending to a fabulous weekend.
Tiny and Courtney went to the Twin's game last night and had a blast (even tho the Twin's lost).
We miss them both so much already!
COME BACK TO VISIT AGAIN SOON!