Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paris Dress




Last night, I was over at the wonderful blog, Nan's Niche--she is an amazing, super-talented artist! She wrote about a dress challenge...Oh me, oh my, when I was little, I loved to play with dolls--it was my very favorite thing to do!!! So, at 3 in the morning, you guessed it--I was making a dress!

But, this was not just any dress....You see, now that I am grown up, I am a columnist for a newspaper...So, I made the dress out of this week's newspaper! And then, I put black tulle over it...It has black satin straps with miniature faux pearls. Lastly, I made a shawl to go with it from cheese cloth.

I made this summer dress to honor Paris as the fashion capital of the world....

Embellished with commercial paper.

I made it for 2 challenges. One is Dress Up--Hugs to Margaret!!!

and for Mixed Media Monday--Hugs to Diane!!!

Hugs to the people at Paris in July! I am linking up to that also.

And hooking this up to The French Obsession Challenge--hugs to Frenchy!!!

Also, I've got some exciting news--I hope you'll scroll down to see it!

Hugs,
Cindy
xoxox