Saturday, May 28, 2011

When the Adelaide Beauty Bloggers Meet #3

(Photo from Stacey)

And so another month passed and another ABBM has come and gone and I find myself wondering just how it could have happened in a blink of an eye and then I realize it is because it was tremendous fun. If you didn't know already, time flies when you're having fun you see.

This time we were lucky enough to meet as a big group and it was sensational! Of course we had Celeste of Becoming Beautiful who did an amazing job of organizing yet another meet up at Greek restaurant Eros Kafe (we thank you for enduring our craziness) and also brought us a very wonderful surprise! However, before I get into that the cast of the third ABBM included Stacey of Pop Makeup, Michelle of Eat Paint Sniff Glue, Neena of Princess Neena, Saku of Rozen Saku, and Kirsten of Commander in Chic! It was way too much fun finally getting to know those I had missed out on meeting at the second ABBM and it was great finally getting Kirsten joining our cult...I mean, meet ups.

We tucked into a delicious lunch (I had the Eros Mediterranean which was so very yummy! I think the olive tapenade won me over completely, YUM!) and chattered away happily while sneaking furtive looks at goodie bags tucked under our chairs or sitting in front of us.

What were these goodie bags you ask? They were beautiful, glossy black bags with FACEOFAUSTRALIA on them! I go through the contents in this video:




However, in short, this is what our bags contained! (You can see their Face Base primer, Pressed powder in Bronze, Translucent Loose Powder and Expert Finish Mousse Foundation in Tan in action in this LOTD.)

(Photo from Celeste)

Thank you so much Face of Australia for giving us such a wonderful array of products! We love you even more - in my case I'm definitely glad you have given me products that have changed my way of thinking and I think you have successfully won me over!

After much squealing, swatching and even some swapping we all decided it was time to move on and possibly secure some more Face of Australia products from our local Priceline! I wish I had realized when we trooped off there that I needed to get the last Molten Metallics color in Gold but oh well, next time!

We all settled into Gloria Jean for some downtime (plus coffee) and chattered away happily for a while before I had to make a move and get to university and then prepare for work. I think the lovely ladies moved on to the Benefit counter but you might have to ask one of them what happened next!

Overall a fabulous day and my favorite part of these meet ups is meeting the gorgeous girls behind the blogs I read religiously - read their blogs, follow them on twitter and just get to know them because each and every one of them is priceless and I definitely am counting down until we next meet again!

Once again, thank you so much Celeste and Face of Australia for making our third ABBM such a treat!