Monday, May 16, 2011

CONGRATULTIONS TO MY SIL!!!

This weekend we drove up to Duluth, MN for my SIL's graduation ceremony!!
She graduated from UMD with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology!
It was an absolute blast to be there with her to help celebrate her very special day.  We are so proud of Andrea and love her so much.  She is honestly everything I want my daughters to become.  She is a role model and an inspiration to them.  Just being at the ceremony and being with her for the weekend - we could tell how well loved she is by all of her friends AND teachers. 

The beautiful Andrea!!

Alexa and Lillian paitently waiting for the ceremony to start!
We got there early enough to get great seats - and we did.

Andrea coming out of the tunel - we were right there on the side to capture some great pics!

As you know, Lillian doesn't usually like her picture taken.  But, she must have been in a great mood and actually ASKED me to take her pics.  I took advantage - trust me!! :)

Grandma Linda was prepared for the long ceremony - she brought a box of treasures for the girls to play with - note cards, crayons, books, lip gloss and a deck of cards!!

Andrea with her diploma (Alexa calls it a piloma).

After the graduation ceremony we went out for dinner to celebrate all Andrea's amazing accomplishments. 
Seriously - this girl is MISS UMD!!  She is not only an amazing student, she is the head of the multiculteral program.
This girl is going to change the world - just watch!
{Above} Andrea with her brother's Benny and Adam

Alexa so very proud of Auntie.

Alexa and Lillian with Auntie Ti-Ti! :)

Andrea with her PROUD Mama!!
Linda actually held it together during the ceremony - I would have been totally bawling.  In fact, I was a little teary-eyed. 
I've known Andrea for about 8-9 years now and have watched her grow into such an amazing young woman. 
I somtimes joke with my husband that part of the reason I married him was because of his sister.  As some of you know, I have 3 brothers and no sisters...and if I had to choose a sister from anyone in the world - it would be her!!  We had a sisterly connection from the day we met and I knew we would be "sisters" forever! :)
I love you Dre - and I'm proud beyond words at all you have done.
Now...on to her MASTERS this fall!!  Way to go SISTER!!

SISTERS!