Friday, May 20, 2011

What we're up to!!

Hey Everyone - it feels like it's been forever since I've blogged. I mean, I've shared pictures about our adventure to Duluth, but other than that I haven't really blog-blogged about what else we've been up to!!

It's spring-time which is when our schedules become a little more hectic and things start to pick up in pace and we're always in "go-go-go" mode. The weather has been exceptionally amazing lately. We went through a few days of it being super rainy, but for the last week or so it's been in the 60's and nice. We've had some fun play times with friends and neighbors, trips to the park, long walks and fun in the back yard.

Alexa's last day of school is June 9th and today is her Kindergarten program she's been practicing for the last few months. She's been humming songs and practicing her smile. She even told me which songs that will make me cry - "The Kindergarten Song" and "One Small Voice". I'll bring my kleenex!! I'm sure I'll be a blubbery mess - She's going to be a FIRST GRADER!! Where on earth has the time gone?? I swear just yesterday I was holding her tiny 5lb. body!!
The other day we received a letter from her teacher saying she was going to be making her students a time capsule for them to open on their graduation day. She asked for us each to write a letter to Alexa describing things about her at this age, her accomplishments thus far and hopes and dreams we have for her future. I'm tearing up right now as I type this - thinking about all the things I'd like to write in her letter. Alexa is truly an amazing little girl - she is so special in so many ways and I'm beyond proud of her. I may or may not share my letter with you!! We'll see...

I think I may have mentioned this on the blog a few times, but if not - Adam's brother is getting married in June. Hooray!! We've all been asked to be in the wedding - Adam is the best man, I'm a bridesmaid and the girls are both flower girls. We ordered our dresses back in December and received them a week or 2 ago. Adam's Mom was so kind to bring them up to us (since the boutique they were purchased from was in her hometown). The good news is that the girls' dresses both fit them perfectly. Although, they mixed up the colors - Alexa got pink instead of purple and Lillian got purple instead of pink. Lilli had a small meltdown when she saw her purple dress, but it wasn't anything a little ice-cream couldn't cure (yes, I'm one of those Mom's who bribes their kids from time to time - don't judge me). The bad news is, my dress came in 2 sizes waaaay to big for me. I kinda figured I'd need some sort of alterations anyways, but didn't expect it to be in the extreme it was. I don't know where the confusion came from, but I gave them my measurements and everything - so, who knows. I'm not going to lie - it stressed me out big time. I've never needed a dress altered in this kind of way before. This was something way more than my Mom could handle - so, I was in a bit of a panic. Not only because the wedding is less than a month away, but the cost. I knew the dress needed a lot of work. To ease my stress, I just need to take it somewhere and get it DONE. Luckily, I found a really nice place that's close to my house and very accommodating. I was right, the dress need a lot of work - 2 inches in on each side, 2-3 inches in length and 2 inches off the halter strap. Unfortunately for me, the dress is 3 layers and they charge per layer.
$115 later, they'll have the dress done June 3rd. I'm just glad it's done and taken care of!!

After I took my dress in, I took the girls to a park they have been eyeing as a reward for being SO good lately! They had an absolute blast. Cute Story - Alexa was waiting patiently for her turn on this spinning piece of play equipment. The girl that was using it didn't look like she was going to get off any time soon, so I told Alexa to go play and I'd wait and watch for the girl to get off and quickly snatch it for her before someone else claimed it. So, Alexa ran off with Lillian. She must have been complaining to Lilli because all of a sudden Lillian walks up to the girl and asks in a polite way, "Can my sister have a turn on that". I thought it was adorable that adorable SHY little sister stood up for her big sis!!

This weekend is the big paint remodel in our house. We haven't even lived in our house quite 2 years and I'm already changing the paint colors - can you tell how indecisive I am? A friend of ours "Uncle Isaac" to the girls is coming to re-do what he did 2 years ago. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We're doing the kitchen, living room, entry way and dining area. It's a big project and the hubs' final words were - "you better like it, cuz we're not doing it again". Eeek !! I will be posting pics of how things are going and I have some awesome home decor features and giveaways coming up, too!! Very exciting!

This post is about as random as they come, but I feel like so many things are going on and happening - I don't know where to start or end in telling you about everything.

Don't forget to check out my awesome reviews and giveaways (upper right sidebar) and enter to win some fabulous things!!