Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cocoa Loves Baseball - SNSDC3

It's time for the third challenge over on the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge blog.  This week the challenge is to make a CAS (clean & simple) card with a button.  CAS cards are not something I do a lot of and actually, they usually stump me.  Give me layers and layers.  ;) While searching the gallery over at SCS for some inspiration, I came across this card by Karen Dunbrook.  I knew I wanted to use the Cocoa Loves Baseball digi stamp and thought this layout would work well with that stamp.  I used her card as a sketch, and as I typically do, I stayed pretty close to the original.



For my button, I used the technique found in the Paper Button tutorial on SCS.  It was so easy to do.  I know I'll be using it quite a bit in the future.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
TLC325 - Paper Buttons
Paper Sundae Challenge #69 (PSC69) - Birthday
FS105 - Featured Stamper Kdunbrook {I changed the color scheme, image, my focal image does not hang over the edge, I used baker's twine and not jute}
RRR#24 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #49 - Baby/child card
CPC-CASS08 - Buttons and Bows


Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper - Echo Park (Little Boys)
Stamps - Sweet 'n Sassy (Cocoa Loves Baseball, Masculine Birthday)
Embellishments - button made from EP paper, baker's twine, Prisamacolor Pencil, SU Stampin' Write, Spellbinders Circle Nesties

I hope you'll play along with us at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a nice weekend.