Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let Heaven and Nature Sing

Happy Wednesday!  Yesterday I spent some time in the studio working up prototypes for my Christmas cards.  This is one of them.  I have been making Christmas cards with pinecones on them for the last several years.  I can't tell you how many stamps I have with pine sprigs, pinecones, pine boughs...etc. The stamp I used for this card is one that I have had for several years.  It comes from Penny Black and I just love it!





I inked up the stamp with Tombow Watercolor Markers, spritzed it with a wee bit of water and stamped it onto some Prismatics cardstock. The edges were shaded a bit with Tea Dye Distress ink to soften the hard edge of the tan cardstock.  The print paper has a music them and lots of pretty glitter mixed in. It is from a My Minds Eye Glitter paper pad from last year.  I don't know if I will ever use it all up, I think there were over 50 sheets in the pad.  The sentiment is from Memory Box.  This saying is one that I used years ago on a Christmas card (long before there was a stamp for it), I wish I had this stamp then!  I layered everything up with some Hunter green cardstock that I have had in my stash for awhile, it could be Bazzil as it has some texture to it.  I added a twiney bow and a button and called it good!  The bow really isn't wonky, but it sure does look that way in the picture. :)



Have a great day!