Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2 more days until Thanksgiving!


Happy Tuesday everyone. I'm sure most of you are excited for the 'short' work week?? I sure am!! We had such a crazy weekend that I'm anxious for the extra time to relax. My MIL and FIL are coming to our house for Thanksgiving. We are so excited to have them. My MIL is doing all (or most) of the cooking and baking, which is totally something I am very thankful for. I think I've been dreaming of Thanksgiving dinner for the past few nights. haha

I wanted to post about our weekend last night, but our internet was mysteriously down so I couldn't upload pictures or anything. Alexa had 2 very exciting Birthday parties where she went rock climbing and to Pump it Up, a huge inflatable fun house. I will for sure post about that later. The pictures of her rock climbing are just too too cute.

Another element to our crazy weekend involved my car. Yes, this time it's my car. Keep in mind we just spent nearly $500 fixing my husbands car earlier this month. So, I'm on my way home from work Friday, I picked up Lillian at school and was about to head to the bank quick and slowed down at a red light, turning right. All of a sudden my car makes this LOUD rattling sound and starts shaking profusely. I don't see smoke anywhere, but I sure smelt something burning. When I was finally able to turn, I drove a short ways and pulled over to call my husband. He was as shocked as I was that something so terribly wrong was going on with my car. We just had it in for a tune up and oil change. Luckily, the Ford shop was less than I mile away from where we were and my husband was able to drive it there (and got pulled over by a cop along the way - to be sure he was ok). Of course, it was closing time so it had to sit until tomorrow leaving us to await the dreaded phone call in the morning. Ugh!! If anyone could have more vehicle trouble, it's for sure US!! It put a huge damper on our Friday Family Movie night with the kids. Christmas is coming up, we're saving to fence in our back yard, were the thoughts running through our heads. We expected the worst, but didn't want to jump to conclusions either. Needless to say, my hubby didn't sleep too well that night, so I kept the girls quiet when they woke up so he could sleep in. Right away at 8:30 I heard his cell phone ringing and glanced to see who it was and it was Ford calling regarding our car. I quickly answered and this is what Jerry had to say: "Hi, this is Jerry from Ford, the good news is that your car has been fixed (I'm thinking fabulous, that didn't take too long, hopefully the damage wasn't too major - not thinking why did they fix our car without consulting us first as my husband later pointed out), the bad news is that a spark plug blew and I want to apologize because this was our fault. When it was in for a tune up, it looks like it wasn't tightened properly, so this repair is on us." (HALLELUJAH!) I responded by saying, "Hold on, can you please tell all that to my husband, you are going to make his day." I ran to the bedroom, shook Adam, pointed to the phone and said, "It's Ford..and it's GOOD news." he jumped out of bed, spoke to Jerry and then ran out of the bedroom with a big smile. We went to pick it up and got a free oil change. So, we ended up coming out ahead and my car is running smoothly!! Hoot Hoot! Although it sucks that the reliability of Ford has diminished a little, we are forgiving that mistakes happen. We are thankful that nobody was injured. It could have been a lot worse.

We also had Lillian's parent/teacher conferences Saturday morning with her teacher, Ms. Carolyn. Lots of great feedback, Lillian is doing awesome, right on track for where she should be at her age. She started preschool before she turned 3 and seemed a bit shy in the beginning, adapting to the new classroom and new children in her class. Now, she is opening up more, expressing herself, using her words, participating in activities and so on. We are very proud of her. No concerns at all from her teacher. We'll be working on recognizing her numbers and letters. She knows the ABC's and can count forever, but getting her to recognize each individual letter/number is our next goal. Alexa is a huge help to her and they love playing school together and doing flashcards. Way to go Lilli!
*****
Recently, I have been asked to review products for various companies. I'm am super excited about this, however, I don't want to take away from what my blog really is, which is stories of my family. I am working on a new project and I can't wait to tell you about it at the beginning of the year. Stay tuned. Until then, please enjoy the reviews that I do provide on Mom-a-Logues through December. I will be featuring various local etsy and facebook businesses through the month, leading up to Christmas. Some will be reviews and others will provide a giveaway of an item of their making. This is a great way to get some ideas for that unique, hard to buy for person on your shopping list. I hope you enjoy the items that are featured and be sure to stop by and visit their wonderful sites.

Right now I have 3 incredible giveaways going on that you don't want to miss out on.

KdBuggie Boutique - a custom tee or onsie of your choice from her Katy's Etsy store. This giveaway ends TONIGHT - so, hurry to get your entries in.

Kidorable - an adorable children's umbrella of your choice. This would make a fantastic Christmas gift for your little ones. Ends 12/1/10

An Adventure in Exercise Ebook with Spunky the Monkey and Joey the Kangaroo - by award winning author, Len Saunders. Get out of the winter funk and encourage your kids AND yourself to get up off the couch, set down the vides controllers and exercise. Healthy bodies = healthy brains. Ends 12/1/10