Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright




With all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas shopping season in full swing, I'd like to recommend a small little book that could have a big impact on the way we all think about the Christmas season.

"Christmas Jars," by Jason F. Wright, is not a new holiday book, having been originally published in 2005, but is one I have heard of for several years. So I decided to see what all the excitement was about, and am I glad I did!

This amazing story about giving, receiving and love is so wonderfully written that it is guaranteed to touch the heart and soul of anyone who picks it up.

Here is a little about the book:
 
Where had it come from? Whose money was it? Was I to spend it? Save it? Pass it on to someone more needy? Above all else, why was I chosen? Certainly there were others, countless others, more needy than me...
 

Her reporter's intuition insisted that a remarkable story was on the verge of the front page.

Newspaper reporter Hope Jensen uncovers the remarkable secret behind the "Christmas Jars", glass jars filled with coins and bills anonymously left for people in need. But along the way, Hope discovers much more than the origin of the jars. When some unexpected news sets off a chain reaction of kindness, Hope's greatest Christmas Eve wish comes true.



Just 122 pages in length, "Christmas Jars" is a fast read but one that will make a huge impact on those who gain a deeper understanding of the Christmas season through Jason Wright's words. For more information on this book, and Wright's sequel "The Christmas Jars Reunion," check out the website http://www.christmasjars.com/

This book is from my personal collection.