Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CPS193 & SSIC65

I made this card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ John 3:30 (He must increase, I must decrease) Challenge.  Here's the challenge from the blog:


Challenge: You have three choices this week: 1. Make a CAS (clean and simple) card (representing "you" needing to decrease); or 2. Make a "More is More" card, (representing that He must INCREASE); or 3. Show us a simple version of a card and then show us the "More is More" version.

I chose option #2.It is 6 x 6, has layers, inking, rub-ons, ribbon, bling, etc., etc.  :)  For me, More is More comes much easier than CAS.

I also used this week's sketch from CPS for the design. 

I found this tutorial on SCS that I used to make my decorative edged circle in the background of my card. You definitely need to stick to 20# paper when using this technique.  This paper is obviously more like 24# and it almost didn't work.  With a little encouragement from my scissors I was able to make the last layers cut thru.  Then I used Labels 4 for the sentiment block & the mat for it.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark & then embossed in black.









Supplies:
CS - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
PP - Bo Bunny (Olivia) and the cream paper is misc from my stash
Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk (creamy brown), Versa Mark, Stampendous EP (black)
Stamp - Stampendous
Embellishments - Ribbon-Offray; Rub-ons & Bling - BG
Tools - Cuttlebug embossing folder (D'Vine Swirls), Nestabilities (Labels 4), EK Success Corner Rounder
Challenges: SSIC65, CPS 193