Friday, November 26, 2010

In Between: Back Home For The Rest Of The Year

Just a little filler, just whiling away my days

 

Being back home in Sri Lanka is great thus far but I have to admit I'm glad I'm only here for a little over a month - there honestly isn't much to do over here! So far all I've been doing is eating, talking with Mummy and sleeping. Not exactly the greatest way to stimulate my braincells that I need so desperately to keep me from flunking university nor is it great for my waistline...




Anyway, one nice thing about being home is being back with not only my parents but my three cats - Pebbles, Sydney and Prince as well. I've missed having pets in my daily life back in Adelaide (before Scott and I got Jackson and Trent) and there is nothing like cuddling a furry creature.


Got to love how Blogger refuses to upload photos the way they are. Anyway, another critter back home is our tortoise who is seemingly afraid of water. As it has been nothing but rainy since I've returned, it's amusing to see our tortoise scurry around the garden trying to get out of puddles.





Another great part about being home is proper food! Australian food is literally junk food to me and I miss the rice in my diet. Also the fruits, there is nothing like proper bananas and pineapples of a tropical country. I think I'm just going to stuff myself sick with fruit before I have to return back to the fruit of Adelaide!

Unfortunately during the 10 hours and extra hours of in between traveling, my Fyrinnae eye shadows leaked out and I have a feeling it's the way I packed them up - loosely and without padding to keep them secure. The jar lids unscrewed and I spent quite a while cleaning up the mess. It was tragic but I'm glad I didn't lose too much product otherwise I would've been crying! Especially since one of the main casualties was 'Herbivore' and 'Meerkat' which are my favorites at the moment.

 (I have no idea why Blogger uploaded this upside down...)
Just a warning then readers, don't pack your eye shadows as I have done (in my iPhone box). Be smart and pack them up tightly or risk a big mess!