Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Very Sassy Marie"








Melange's "Spooky" Challenge



With Halloween coming, it was the perfect time to create a Marie Antoinette tag for a little bit of spooky whimsy that would add some color to a formal home. This mixed media piece was created from my original digital artwork (above.) The Gothic Architecture from my original photograph was blended with a graphic of Marie Antoinette, as well as the image of a gate from the Graphics Fairy.





A raven sits atop Marie’s shoulder while the queen herself dons a witch’s hat. Of course, the sentiment is a twist on her notorious, “Let them eat cake!” statement. The background is made from commercial black and cream flocked damask paper and curly seam binding adorns this 3 X 5 tag. The hand-crafted, French-inspired paper rose adds to its delicate quality.



I am linking this to Tag Tuesday!

I am also linking this up to Dezinaworld--Honestly, I didn't realize it was Thursday!!!

This is also being linked up to the Melange team. This was just added to my Etsy shop!

And I am linking this up French Country Cottage! If you are an admirer of anything French or cottage or both, please scroll down to see my Paris Rose Tag and other creations.