Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just one of those days...


The only thing good about last night was that we had an amazing parent/teacher conference for Alexa. The little smarty pants is kicking butt in Kindergarten and impresses us with her knowledge every single day. Her teacher had nothing but good words to say about our little Princess. Adam and I are so extremely proud of her. We know she works hard and her efforts really show. Way to go Mija!

The rest of the night, however, did not go so swell. It was just one of those nights where it wasn't one big catastrophe, it was a whole bunch of little ones that added up. Ugh! The girls were so super tired. Grandma Linda has been here watching Alexa the past 2 days, since she doesn't have school and she was just so totally wore out. Grandma took her shopping all over the place, they cooked and baked and took the dogs for walks. They were on the go non stop. So, every little thing that happened, even the very tiny minor things, were huge deals to Alexa. Her pennies that her and Daddy were collecting got out of order just a little bit and she had a major meltdown, she bumped her leg on the table and cried even more. Lillian spilled her water at the dinner table and Alexa fell off the chair. They were both bawling. It was like you couldn't even write a better script. Lillian cried because she didn't want to take a bath, Alexa cried because she didn't get to pick out a bedtime book and then when I told her she could (just to stop the crying), she couldn't find the one she wanted. It went on and on. I finally calmed them down in their beds, read some books and Alexa fell asleep. But, Lillian was up complaining that she was soo hungry. "Mommy, I'm hungry sooo bad". Everything is 'sooo bad' with her lately. She has to go potty sooo bad, she want's to go to the park sooo bad. I took a deep breath and went and got her a few gold fishy crackers, but that woke her up and gave her a second wind. I had had it by then and let her come out to the living room to watch TV. She sat for a little bit, but then started playing with her ponies and got upset when she couldn't get the tail to twirl on one of them. She was upset when I didn't want to share my icecream and apple crisp that my MIL so kindly made for us. I had all these great plans of posting my review for Smarty Pants Gummy Vitamins last night - but, I ended up taking Lilli to bed with me at 9. I just wanted the night to be over.
I woke up super crabby this morning, too. And I want to make a public apology to my amazing husband for having to put up with me. He is the best!! I love you Adam Michael!
******
On a brighter, more adorable note...I want to introduce you all to this precious little addition to our family!!
GISELLE LUCIA WACKERLY

Adam's cousin Amanda and her husband John welcomed baby Giselle on September, 22nd 2010.
Weighing in at 6 lbs. 1 oz and 19.5 inches
She is absolutley perfect.
And according to her Mama, she is already one sassy little diva. haha
(must run in the family *wink)


Congratulations
John and Amanda!!!