Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In Between: Epic Weekend

Just a little filler, just whiling away my days

 

Wow, so I have literally never had such an exhausting but fun-filled weekend! Being a university student is definitely a wild life but when you are also part of a residential college (as I am) it is intense. However, the nice part about my weekend was that a lot of what I did had absolutely nothing to do with college aside from the fact that two very special people from college invited me along - my boyfriend, Scott and my best friend, Alex (who no longer resides at college though).



On Friday, I accompanied Scott to his Mining Engineering pub crawl in return for him having attended my Psychology pub crawl a few months ago. I was curious to know what "his crowd" at university was like and in all honesty? I thought mining engineers would be dreadfully dull but I was so wrong! They are actually the greatest bunch of people to go on a pub crawl with seeing as out of all the pub crawls I have been on this year (and trust me, I have been on a lot) this was the first one I survived till the end. I cannot help but feel slightly proud of myself...even if it meant Scott and I got back home at about 2am and I had to leave for Mildura at 6am!


So at 6am, I somehow was still awake and ready to head off to Mildura with Alex. It was a four hour drive and was a typical road trip! We went for a Pink Ball which was to raise awareness and funds for cancer. It was a great night and I'm disappointed I couldn't stay more awake during the latter part of the ball when everyone was busting out moves to the 20's inspired music. Oh! That was the theme of the ball, the Roaring Twenties. I had a theme-ish dress for it but last minute decided to dress out of theme due to comfort. Alex went as Betty Boop and looked fantastic!

All in all I got about eight hours of sleep! Somehow I'm thinking this will take a toll on me later on but I'm glad I had some time off from all the stress and chore of university work. It's back to work for me this week as I have a 40% History essay due on Friday. Wish me luck, I have yet another epic week what with college awards night on Thursday and valedictory dinner on Saturday (for which we have to dress up!). Hope everyone else has a good week!