Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vacation Part III - Fun in the SUN!

On our first night at the cabin my brother Ben and his girlfriend Kelly came out for a few hours. It was the most gorgeous night. The day had been hot and the girls wanted to go swimming right away. It was nearing sunset and I didn't much want to get wet, so I was happy Ben and Kelly were up for taking the girls for a dip.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Ben and Lillian. They were having so much fun together playing around in the water. Lillian has always had a soft spot for her Uncle Ben and this was yet another special moment for them.


The smiles on their faces show it all. Fun times!

Alexa and Kelly had a great time, too. Alexa made a quick friend with Kelly.


Ben and Lilli vs. Kelly and Alexa in piggy back races between the docks.


Lillian had no fear of the water and would be still jumping off the dock if we let her. Uncle Benski was so patient with her and stood there and caught her a couple hundred times. I love having brothers that will do anything for their neices.



Alexa fell in love with taking rides in the boat. She loved going fast and she loved driving.



Mommy and Lillian were along for the ride. Look how amazingly calm and peaceful the lake is. It's heaven, I'm telling you. You can't go there and not relax. It's absolutely perfect. (P.S. I would normally be wearing a life jacket, but Lillian was in one of her crabby moods and had to sit on my lap, but threw a fit because with both of us in life jackets, was just too bulky and made her life jacket push up on her chin and she just couldn't take it.)



Alexa at the wheel. Faster Papa, Faster...



Seeing her happy and smile while in the boat made me want to take her for boat rides all day.



The first few days of our vacation were very hot. We spent a lot of time splashing around in the water. Alexa and Lillian were quite fond of the noodles and spent lots of time floating around.



Lillian swimming with Papa.



Alexa and Mommy hanging out in the water. It was so refreshing and a nice break from the hot summer sun.



This photo of the girls jumping in makes me giggle. We tried to get Alexa to practice jumping in without plugging her nose, but she just couldn't do it. Lillian looks free as a bird.



Pictures like this are what truly counts when it comes to being a Mom. I look and think that I must have done something right for them to get along and love each other so much.



Lillian thought it was pretty cool that she could take her tubbies in the lake.



Look at these bathing beauties, soaking up the sun.



Lillian wanting to be just like her big sister.



Alexa, getting her tan on.



One of the many reasons the cabin is my favorite place on earth. Look how relaxing this is. It's a place where you can go, kick up your feet, take a load off (even a nap) and not feel guilty.



So happy on VACATION!


The view of the cabin from the lake.


Another boat ride for Alexa - and she got to drive.



Lillian won some bubbles during Flekkefest and enjoying blowing them on the dock.



Lillian, blowing bubbles and waiting for Papa and Sister to get back from taking the boat out.



Adam and I truly happy and enjoying each and every moment together on our vacation.



The girls and I floating around on the noodles.



I love my girls. They had their moments (of too much togetherness) on our trip, but for the most part they were very good and we enjoyed our much needed family time.



The girls fished on the end of the dock with some sweet corn. Lillian had no idea what she was doing and ended up catching a fish. Luckily, I was sitting right there and caught the fishing rod when she let go before it fell into the lake.



Simply Precious!!



Here is the little fishy Lillian caught. How could she be scared of something so tiny??



Adam likes to catch fish, but not to touch them. So, I had to take them off the hook. What a baby.



Here is Lillian scooting back from the dock so she doesn't have to get too close to the fish. Chip even loved being out on the dock.



The girls loved the boat so much, they even wanted to be in it when it was on the lift.



Chip loved climbing on the rocks by the shore. He'd take drinks of water from the lake and even jumped in a few times.



I'd have to say this is one of my VERY favorite pics of Adam. H.O.T.T!!!!



Fun in the sun at the cabin!


Chips 1st boat ride. He loved having the wind blow his ears back! Silly!



We had my parents out for dinner and took them on a boat ride around the lake.



Our last day at the cabin. The weather was a bit windy and chilly, but Alexa was determined to go swimming.



So, I went with her....


I'm not really sure how many more Parts there will be to our vacation...but, there is so much more that we did..and I want to share. Stay tuned....