Friday, August 27, 2010

Family Fun/ My First Blog Award

Last night was so much fun. My hubs had a delicious dinner ready for us when we got home. (I love that he has had the month of August off work, so I don't have to cook) A roast, cooked carrots, celery and potatoes with cheese. YUM! The girls were a bit hesitant to eat that many veggies in one meal, so we played a game where we'd take turns going around the table, each taking one bite at a time. But, we made it creative, mixing carrots with the roast, potatoes with the cheese, a plain bite of celery, ect. The girls had an absolute blast mixing their food and seeing what the others would come up with. Most of all, they were super excited and proud when they both ate every last bite on their plates. Adam and I were pretty proud, too.

We played outside and visited with the neighbors awhile and then came home for movie night. Adam still had the projector out from his fantasy football draft last weekend (yeah, they go all out and put a big spreadsheet up of their team picks on the wall ~ talk about getting 'into it') so, we set that up, snuggled up with our pillows, blankets and snacks on the floor and watched 'Furry Vengeance' on the big screen (our basement wall). The girls loved it, Adam and I loved it - a GREAT movie to watch with the family. I hugely recommend it. You will get some good chuckles.

Adam and I picked a movie for ourselves, too. 'The BackUp Plan' with Jennifer Lopez. The girls ended up staying up for that one, too. (We had to cover their eyes in some spots) It was a good chick flick. I like J-Lo, but I don't know..not so much as an actress. She should stick to singing.

With Alexa starting school soon, it was nice to have this family time. I know I know, she's only going to Kindergarten, not off to college, but we all know that once they are in school and get involved with more activities and friends, good quality family time gets to be less and less. I don't want to lose that. Team Lares!! Hoot!

*****

Hoot Hoot!!

A big THANK YOU to Beth at 2 Monkeys and a Washtub for giving me my VERY FIRST Blog Award!! I am so very very honored and grateful!!

Please visit her blog and leave her sweet comments.

There are some rules to this award and I will take them very seriously.

1.) THANK the blogger who awarded it to you. (see above)

2.) Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation and experience using five words.

1.) Enjoyment 2.) Supportive 3.) Fulfilling 4.) Theraputic 5.) FUN!

3.) Pass it on to 10 other blogs you feel has real substance. (Really? JUST 10? Ugh..Ok, here goes, but trust me - if I could give this award to all of you - I would!!!...but, rules are rules.)


A Funny Little Peanut

Mom's Me Time

Reading, Writing & Rasin' Boys

Milk 'n Honey Learn & Grow

Mrs. Mama Drama

Ecomodern Mom

News from Italy

The Ish Blog

Family & Life in Las Vegas

Chasing Serenity

Check out all of these amazing blogs and send your love and support.

*****

Visit Family & Life in Las Vegas & Crazy About My Baybah to link up.
P.S. HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Hoot Hoot!