Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Betsy's Got Balloons



Hi there!  I have a bright and fun card to share with you today.  I have been playing with my new Betsy Bluebell set from Penny Black.   I stamped Betsy with her balloons on Neenah Solar White cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored her with a mix of primary colored Copics. To get the texture/print of Betsy's sweater, I used the very tip of the Copic blender pen to add diagonal stripes.  I went from left to right and then again from right to left to get this cool pattern.  Try it , its lots o' fun!



The layout for this card was 100% inspired by a card I had seen while surfing in blogland.  The inspiration card used different prints/colors and a beautiful hydrangea image. I don't know who created the inspiration card as there is no watermark on it, if it sounds familiar to you, please let me know so I can give proper credit to the designer and a big thanks for the great layout!



I have a couple more Betsy's to share with you, just need to get them edited.  I love this set and think you will too!



Edited to add:  I just found some great Penny Black blog candy over at The Daily Marker.  Head over there and check it out!