Friday, August 27, 2010

CSS Alumni Challenge Time

It's time for our bi-monthy challenge for the Gina K. Designs Center Stage Alumni Design Team.  This time Carolina has given us a limited supplies challenge.  She has asked us to use the following elements:

1 Neutral Cardstock
2 Solid Colors of Cardstock
1 Print Paper/Cardstock
1 Ribbon
3 Buttons
and as many Gina K images as we would like.


You should have arrived at my blog from the uber talented Melanie's blog, if not you can head back to StampTV and start from the beginning.




I am not sure what happened to creating fall cards, but here I am thrusting ahead to Christmas again.  I choose to use the sentiment and script image from the Blessed is the Season stamp set.  The print cardstock was layered to panels of PL Cranberry Tart and PL Ocean Mist.  I edged each one of the panels with some Vintage Photo Distress ink to mute the tones enough to coordinate with the print cardstock.  I used some braided trim in place of ribbon (a little creative license here) and layered it all to an Ivory panel that was embossed with my French Script CB EF. 



I played around for quite awhile with the buttons before coming up with the idea to stack them.  Brilliant, if I say so myself!  No really, the heart button just offered up the perfect spot for the other two buttons. 



Well, I should send you on your way to Melissa's blog.  I am sure she will have something beautiful for you to look at. 



Thanks for stopping by today.